April 16, 2007

What do marriedwomen want from their husband

I was just tossing on my bed till day break as i could not sleep but thinking of a lot of things concerning my life and fellow married women.I was at the salon earlier in the day and chance on a discussion among the women i met there though i pretended as if i wasnt listening to them but somehow, i learnt from their discussion,you can guess that na men palaver.The cheerleader among them was telling them how men are cunning and heartless and that it takes wisdom and programming?to deal with them.She narracted how her husband is always broke when it comes to the family but always generous to outsiders,she said she now help herself by tapping his money and since he does not have,he will never asked her if his money is missing.Another one says her husband is generous but his problem is not been able to close his eyes when it comes to women and that for him,anything in skirt goes and now what she does is to ensure that she embarrass him by putting condom everywhere to remind him of HIV.The one that wasnt funny was the case of a lady that says her husband just like embarrasing her atwill and in the presence of just anybody to proof that he is in charge but she says na him cup of tea as she know how she manage him and she get whatever she want from him and if it takes her to be daft to enjoy her marriage,so be it!As i was going through this on my head and i just asked myself what do we want as wife from our husband?For me:

-To love me with my but and is
-To respect and honour me in all ways
-To be faithful and loyal to me
-To encourage me to get to my potentials
-To see me as a part of him
-To care for me and my kids
-To talk to me and be there for the family

Do you think iam dreaming or asking for too much?over to you-what do you want from your wife/husband

8 comments:

t said...

If I had a husband, I'll hope for someone:
- a lot like me so that we can easily spend time together.
- a lot like a friend, so we can advise or help each other.
- ?

Anonymous said...

all a woman can desire is a husband that loves her,when a man loves a woman he'll move mountains for her. here's the key: in order to find someone to love her as she deserves she has to love herself.

Anonymous said...

i want a man that is truly God fearing, caring, and ambitious. the list is longer.

can you go over the warning signs you saw with your husband in subsequent posts? thanks

4real said...

I want my man to show he cares for me.When am down to ask waz up,when i sneeze to show concern ,with that it show he is part of me

LG said...

Wow! I have just read through your whole blog. What an eyeopener.

In my opinion I don't think you are asking too much. Go through the list of things you want again. Your husband gets all this from you doesn't he? So then howcome is it that you would think that you should not expect the same? His desires are not more important than yours. You have a right to desire the same for yourself. You were NOT created to simply live a life of service to others and then die unfulfilled. You have a right to desire happiness. YOU MATTER!

Refinedone said...

I would hope we all want first, a man that loves us totaly (exclusivly)
Protects,supports and encourages us to bring out the best in us...at least that is what I want and by the grace of God have! :)

PS: Ladies, it's a two ways street, what ever you desire from your husband be morethen ready to deliver..(even before he does)

Unknown said...

Different people and different theories. It works for some and not for others. Marriage is a delicate situation that should be handled carefully.

ababoypart2 said...

For me: -To love me with my but and is -To respect and honour me in all ways -To be faithful and loyal to me -To encourage me to get to my potentials -To see me as a part of him -To care for me and my kids -To talk to me and be there for the family Do you think iam dreaming or asking for too much?over to you-what do you want from your wife/husband

WOW - That is a lot. But thanks for the tips.

Seriously, excellent post.